What is led compound pole garden lights?
Pole garden light is a type of outdoor lighting that usually refers to road lighting that is less than 6 meters in height. Its main components are light sources, light fixtures, light poles, flanges, and basic embedded parts.
Due to garden lamps’ diversity and aesthetic nature, no wonder it is one of the most sought outdoor lighting essentials. It beautifies and decorates the environment, so they are also called landscape garden lights. It is mainly used in urban slow lanes, narrow lanes, residential quarters, tourist attractions, parks, squares, and other public places. It can also prolong people’s outdoor activities and improve safety in the areas where it is installed. If you aspire to make your yard step to the next level by adding garden lights, you are in the right place. We are here to reveal some of the secrets and tips for buying the best LED post garden lights.
The Main Material of Garden Post Light
There are three different kinds of materials for garden lights: steel, iron, and aluminum. Among them, aluminum is divided into aluminum tubes and die-casting aluminum. Typically, aluminum, steel, iron pipes, and sheets are processed into lamp bodies ranging from 3 meters to 6 meters. On the other hand, die-cast aluminum is commonly used for landscape lights within one meter in length. In making die-cast aluminum lamps, molds are required. However, the design and production costs of these molds are very high. It generally ranges from 30,000 to 50,000 US dollars. Considering all this, aluminum is more expensive than steel and iron, with iron being the cheapest.
Surface Treatment of Garden Pole Lamp Body
Generally, the surface treatments of garden lights are hot-dip galvanized, and cold galvanized sprayed. Hot-dip galvanizing is basically applied to iron light poles with a height of more than 6 meters. This is because the material of garden lights is much thinner, and hot-dip galvanizing will soften and deform the thin tube wall.
Pole Garden Lamp Production Process - Electric Part Precautions
- The length of the wire and the size of the wire stripping head should be strictly consistent.
- When stripping the outer sheath of the user cable, do not damage the inner sheath. The tinning of the wire stripping head should be uniform and smooth.
- To solder LED lamp beads, it is necessary to apply thermal grease evenly and appropriately within the LED icon range of the PCB. The amount of thermal grease should be moderate (about 0.03 grams), and the coating should be uniform.
- Make sure to apply thermal grease carefully, so it doesn’t contaminate nearby items/objects, the human body, or the lamp’s surface.
- Place the light boards, coated with silicone grease, on the bottom of the light housing one by one. Ensure that the two (2) screw holes of each light board are aligned with the corresponding fixing holes of the light housing. Then, fasten it with M3X5 round head stainless steel screws.
- To prevent unevenness or gaps in the installation of reflectors, the installation direction of the light board should be consistent and neatly organized.
- Avoid touching the reflector’s surface directly with your hands when fixing it. Make sure the reflector surface is flat and free of gaps.
- When pulling the waterproof rubber strip, the force should be even and moderate, and not too strong to prevent it from breaking.
- Pay attention to electricity safety to prevent electric shock.
- Aging time of at least 24 hours.
- You must inspect comprehensively the product’s appearance, functional parameters, and safety parameters.
- Clean the surface of the package to remove stains, dust, and other handwriting. Aside from that, the texture of the outer packaging should be firm enough for long-distance transportation.
Production Steps of Garden Light Poles
In producing a garden lamp body, treatment processes such as bending, laser cutting, welding, grinding (after welding), and surface treatment with color are applied.
- Material Cutting
1.1 Before cutting, adjust the inclination of the slitting machine to match the required longitudinal scissors.
1.2 Confirm the position of the steel plate to ensure the maximum size of the remaining material, so you can use the remaining materials in other products.
1.3 Remove debris from equipment tracks to keep equipment in good working order.
2. Bend – Bending is the most critical process in the production of light poles. The quality of bending directly affects the quality of light poles. You should be careful in this process because you cannot repair it once it has bent. To prevent such happening, consider the following:
2.1 Before bending, remove the rubbish from the sheet to ensure that no rubbish crushes the mold during bending.
2.2 Check the length, width, and straightness of the sheet. Non-straightness ≤ 1/1000. In particular, you must straighten the polygonal rods.
2.3 Increase the bending depth of the bending machine and place the material in the correct position.
2.4 Correct line on the material, error: ≤±1mm.
2.5 Correct alignment, correct bends and minimize pipe seams.
3. Welding – straight seam welding is performed on the bent pipe seam to ensure the straightness of the welding seam.
4. Grinding – Grind the unevenness of the weld.
5. Shape up – The shaping process includes the straightening of the light pole, and the diagonal lines of the two ends of the light pole are flatly butted.
The general tolerance is: <±2mm. The straightness error of the light pole does not exceed: ≤±1.5/1000.
6. Trim both ends of the light pole to ensure that the nozzle is perpendicular to the centerline. Then, polish the ends.
7. Solder the flange to the bottom of the pole. Make sure the flange is perpendicular to the pole. Aside from that, the welding seam should be beautiful, without pores and impurities.
8. Cut the door. Take note that you must precisely verify the size and position of the door by the drawings.
9. Galvanized – The quality of galvanizing directly affects the quality of light poles. Galvanizing is required to be galvanized according to national standards. After plating, the surface is smooth, without color difference, and there should be no sagging. You must replace the light poles with serious sagging.
10. Spray – The purpose of spray is for aesthetics and anti-corrosion.
10.1 Grinding: Smooth the surface of the galvanized pole with a polishing wheel to ensure that the surface of the lamp pole is smooth and flat.
10.2 Straighten and shape the polished light pole. The non-straightness of the light pole must reach 1/1000. Diameter requirements: small rods≤±1mm; high height rods≤±2mm.
10.3 Install the door.
11. The inspector must inspect item by item according to the inspection items of the light pole.
Compounding pole Light Installation Steps
For general installation of a garden light, open the package and check the garden light’s integrity. Then, refer to the product manual for assembly and wiring. Now, for the specific steps in installing the garden light, you must consider the following:
Open the lamp housing.
Install the light source and supporting electrical appliances (refer to the electrical appliance manual for electrical wiring).
Lead out the lead wire from the threading hole to the bottom of the lamp pole.
Connect the lamp head to the lamp pole and pay attention to tightening the fastening screws.
Put the flange of the garden light. You must align the screw of the embedded part of the foundation and stand, vertically.
Use a nut or a washer to confirm that the light pole is vertical, then tighten the mounting nut.
Wire Connection of the pole Garden Lights
After the garden light is installed, you can refer to the instructions and electrical specifications for wiring work. You should take note that the installation wiring needs to be grounded. Generally, garden lights will reserve grounding terminals for potential risks and to secure safety hazards.
12 Tips for Buying LED Post Garden Lamps
When purchasing garden lights, you must confirm the following parameters to the supplier: height, material, thickness, color, surface treatment, LED wattage, color temperature, sizes of all details, and so on. It is advisable to draw all the details on the drawings, then double-check and confirm it with the supplier before starting production.
- You should determine the light distribution type of lamps according to the function and space shape of the lighting place. Under the condition that the glare limit requirements are met, you should use direct light distribution lamps and open lamps for the lighting that only meets the visual function.
- Choose lamps that are easy to install and maintain, and have low operating costs.
- In special places with fire or explosion hazards and environments such as dust, humidity, vibration, and corrosion, you should select lamps that meet the environmental requirements.
- When the high-temperature part of the lamp surface is close to combustibles, you should take fire protection measures such as heat insulation and heat dissipation.
- Lighting lamps should have complete photoelectric parameters, and their performance should meet the relevant provisions of the current “General Requirements and Tests of Lamps” and other standards.
- The luminaire appearance should be in harmony with the environment of the installation site.
- Garden lighting fixtures should effectively control their upper hemisphere luminous flux output.
Principles for Landscape Lighting
- Under the condition that the glare limit and light distribution requirements are met, the light effect of flood lighting should not be less than 60lm/w.
- The protection level of landscape lighting fixtures installed outdoors should not be lower than IP55, the protection level of buried fixtures should not be lower than IP67, and the protection level of lamps used in water should not be lower than IP68.
- For contour lighting, you should use LED lamps or lamps with single-ended fluorescent lamps as the light source.
- For internal light transmission lighting, use LED lamps or lamps with small diameter fluorescent lamps as the light source.
Common Faults of Garden Lights
There are two types of common faults in garden lights: one is a high resistance fault; the other is a low resistance fault. The so-called high-resistance fault means that the cable is blown, the measuring resistance of the instrument is large, and the insulation between phases or to the ground drops, but there is a certain resistance value. On the other hand, the so-called low-resistance fault means that the wire is short-circuited or short-circuited to the ground, and the current increases. If it is large, the power transmission will trip. These two faults and their frequent occurrence pose a threat to the normal use of garden lights. Therefore, we must pay full attention to finding the reasons and countermeasures.
Cause of Issue
1. Poor Construction Quality
Failures caused by construction quality account for a large proportion. The following are the main manifestations:
- The depth of the cable trench is not enough, and the sand-laying bricks are not constructed according to the standard.
- The production and installation of the aisle pipe do not meet the requirements, and the two ends are not made into bell mouths according to the standard.
- When laying cables, you should drag them on the ground.
- The embedded pipe of the foundation is not constructed according to the standard requirements. Mainly because the embedded pipe is too thin, coupled with a particular curvature, and the cable is difficult to wear.
- The thickness of the wire nose crimping and insulation wrapping is not enough. After a long period of operation, it will short-circuit between phases.
2. Bad Quality Material
Judging from the failure cases we handled in recent years, the low quality of the material is also a big factor. The main manifestations are: that the wire contains less aluminum, the wire is relatively hard, and the insulating layer is thin.
3. Poor Quality of Supporting Works
Garden light cables are generally laid on the sidewalk. Sometimes, the construction quality of the sidewalk is poor, which causes the ground to sink, thus the cable is deformed by force. Another factor is the weather condition where the garden lights are laid. Particularly in cold areas, the cable and the soil form a hole. This makes the ground subsides and it is pulled at the bottom of the garden light foundation. And even though it is summer, occasional heavy rain causes the cable to be blown at the root of the foundation.
4. Unreasonable Design
With the continuous development of urban construction, garden lights are also continuously extended. It means that the old garden light with a circuit is used when creating new garden light. Additionally, due to the development of the advertising business, garden lights are also used for advertisement. A load of advertising is connected to the garden lights making it overloaded. Thus, cables and terminals were also overheated, resulting in a grounding short circuit.
Garden post Light Maintenance
- Do not hang items such as quilts on the lights.
- Frequent switching will greatly reduce the service life of lamps.
- If the lampshade is found to be tilted during use or cleaning, make sure to correct it to keep it beautiful.
- When aligning the shade, pay attention to the orientation to avoid shadows.
- Replace aging lamps in time.
Customized Led Pole lights
Kindly check the questions on the right. We will do customized led garden lights according to your requests.
The pole height can be 0.5m to 5m.
The Body Material can be iron and Aluminium. And color can be customized from Pantone No. if quantity is enough.
We can also customize making the led power, CCT.
100% Safe From Us
Super Good Quality
How we ensure that every order placed in our company is safe. Zero defect rate is the best aftersales.
Package & Shipping
100% safe package! A One-stop shopping experience for you.